With increased activities and a growing number of members, AECO is expanding the Secretariat, and we are looking to hire a…
- in a full-time position
- can be based in Longyearbyen or in a home office preferably in Europe, within five hours of CET, or the Eastern coast of US/Canada
- 12 months’ engagement with potential for permanent employment
- tentative start date: May 2017
The position includes tasks connected to strategy- and action planning related to internal and external communications, web site management and development, newsletters, social media communication, seasonal updates, press releases, media and PR liaison, information papers, meeting preparations, profiling and design, photo-archiving, projects and other essential tasks as needed.
Our new Communications Manager should have higher, relevant education, experience from similar work, excellent speaking and writing abilities in fluent/native English, and preferably a mastery of one of the Scandinavian languages. He or she also should have extensive computer software/applications skills, and it is beneficial if this also includes experience with desktop design software (e.g. InDesign).
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading and professional publishing skills
- Must be a confident communicator and presenter
- Must be structured, efficient and possess excellent organizational and planning skills
- Superior project management and time management skills
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional attitude
- Appreciate working with people from difference cultures and nationalities
- Friendly and sociable, with an enthusiastic demeanor
This is an excellent opportunity with varying tasks and good colleagues in an international work environment. Salary and other terms to be agreed based on qualifications and experience. The position involves some travel.
Please submit your CV/résumé and cover letter/email and examples of previous work (publications, text, brochures, websites, others), by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than February 27, 2017. Questions can be directed to Executive Director Frigg Jørgensen, pho +47 913 90 554, email to email@example.com.
AECO, the Association of Arctic Expedition Cruise Operators, is an international association for Arctic expedition cruise operators and associates. Our 60 members operate up to 40 cruise vessels in the Arctic. AECO main objectives are to ensure environmentally-friendly, safe and considerate tourism in the Arctic, and to advocate for the interests of our members. AECO’s Secretariat has three employees working from offices in Longyearbyen and Copenhagen. For more information see www.aeco.no.