AECO, the Association of Arctic Expedition Cruise Operators, is an international association for Arctic expedition cruise operators and associates. Our more than 70 members operate around 50 cruise vessels in the Arctic. AECO’s main objectives are to ensure environmentally friendly, safe and considerate tourism in the Arctic, and to advocate for the interest of our members. AECO’s secretariat has five employees working from Longyearbyen, Tromsø, Oslo and Copenhagen. For more information see www.aeco.no. With increased activities and a growing number of members, AECO is expanding its Secretariat. We are looking to hire a:
Marine Operations Agent
- Full-time position
- Preferably based in Tromsø, Norway, but home office in Europe may be an alternative
- 12 months engagement with potential for permanent employment
- Start as soon as possible
The position includes tasks connected to the maritime, technical and regulatory affairs AECO is involved in. The marine operations agent will be developing and working on implementing cruise industry positions on regulatory matters that span technical and functional areas, including safety, operations and environment. The position includes research, responding to public consultations and advising AECO’s secretariat and standing committees. The marine operations agent may also be involved in tasks, projects and partnerships related to areas such as operational tools and overviews, search and rescue, hydrography, meteorology/ice, communication, as well as other tasks.
- Relevant education, preferably experience as a mariner/navigator
- Knowledge and understanding of shipping, maritime law and regulatory bodies (including IMO and Polar Code)
- Experience from the polar expedition cruise industry is considered an asset
- Experience from project management
- Speaks and writes fluent/native English
- Fluency in one of the Scandinavian languages is considered an asset
- Strong writing skills and confident communicator and presenter
- Structured and efficient
- Possess excellent organizational, time management and planning skills
- Superior project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach
- Friendly and sociable, appreciates working with people and different cultures
- Stable good spirit and will contribute to our good working environment
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office software.
We offer an exciting and interesting job with varied tasks and good colleagues in an international work environment. Salary and other terms to be agreed based on qualifications. The position involves travel. Please submit CV/résumé and cover letter/email and (if available) examples of previous work by email to email@example.com, at the latest by December 28, 2018. Questions can be directed to Executive Director Frigg Jørgensen (phone +47 913 90 554, email firstname.lastname@example.org).