The Association of Arctic Expedition Cruise Operators (AECO) is an international association for Arctic expedition cruise operators and associated industries. AECO’s main objectives are to ensure environmentally friendly, safe and considerate tourism in the Arctic, and to advocate for the interests of our members. Our 75 international members operate more than 50 vessels in the Arctic. AECO’s secretariat will soon have nine employees, and our head office is in Tromsø, Norway. For more information see www.aeco.no.
In connection with the parental leave of our communications manager, we are looking to hire an
Acting Communication Manager
- in a full-time, temporary position
- 9 month engagement from February 2020 through October 2020 (exact dates to be agreed)
- preferably based in Tromsø
- Start date: End of January/start of February 2020
The position includes tasks connected the day-to-day management of AECO’s internal and external communication. The acting communication manager will also be involved in crisis communication in response to incidents that may occur during the Arctic cruise season. Responsibilities include website management and development, newsletters, social media, seasonal updates, press releases, media and PR liaison, information papers, meeting preparations, profiling and design, photo archiving, projects and other essential tasks as needed.
Our new acting communication manager has higher, relevant education, experience from similar work, speaks and writes fluent/native English, and preferably masters one of the Scandinavian languages. He or she also has extensive computer skills and has experience from website and social media management.
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading and professional publishing skills
- Must be structured, efficient and possess excellent organizational and planning skills
- Superior project management and time management skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach
- Appreciate working with people and difference cultures
- Is friendly, sociable and has stable good spirit
- Familiarity with AECO and the polar expedition cruise industry is considered an asset
- Experience from crisis communication is considered an asset
We offer an interesting job with varying tasks and good colleagues, in an international work environment. Salary and other terms to be agreed based on qualifications. The position involves some travel.
Please submit CV/résumé and cover letter/email and examples of previous work (publications, text, brochures, websites others), by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, at the latest by November 10, 2019. Questions can be directed to Communication Manager Edda Falk (cell + 47 476 32 550, email edda (a) aeco.no) or Executive Director Frigg Jørgensen, (cell +47 913 90 554, email frigg (a) aeco.no).