AECO is now hiring an Environmental specialist (ES) who will take on tasks related to our environmental portfolio and play a key role in projects and initiatives with tangible environmental benefits together with AECO`s members, partners, and other stakeholders.
The Environmental specialist will report to the Head of Operations.
Description and duties
The Environmental specialist will have tasks and responsibilities related to environmental initiatives, projects, and efforts such as:
· AECO’s Clean Seas project
· Climate change mitigation
· Citizen science
· Regulatory affairs and consultations
· Project funding applications and project management
· Standing committees and working groups
· Dialogue and cooperation with members and other relevant stakeholders
· Representing and presenting on behalf of AECO
The Environmental specialist may be called upon to carry out other essential tasks as needed in according to the overall capacity of the Secretariat. Travel is required for this position.
Required skills, qualifications, and experience
· Relevant high-level education
· Insights and knowledge of environmental issues related to Arctic cruise tourism
· Excellent English language skills
· Excellent writing skills
· Excellent project and time management skills
· Structured and well organized
· Confident communicator and presenter
· Excellent IT skills
· Strong interpersonal, collaborative, and communicative skills
· Proficient in a Scandinavian language
Desired skills, qualifications, and experience
· Experience from public administration, regulatory work and consultations
· Knowledge and experience from the polar expedition cruise industry
· Experience with use of AECO`s tools, guidelines, and standards
The ideal candidate is diplomatic, friendly, and sociable. You have a positive and professional mindset, and you enjoy working with different people and cultures. You thrive in a fast-paced work environment, and you are eager to take on professional challenges.
We offer a job with diverse and meaningful tasks where you will have a chance to contribute to sustainable Arctic cruise tourism. You will be part of a team with international, dedicated, and professional colleagues. You will have the chance to work both independently and as part of a team. Travel to Arctic and non-Arctic areas is to be expected for this position.
This is a full time, permanent position. Salary and other terms will be based on qualifications and experience. Place of work is preferably at the head office in Tromsø, Norway. Start-up is ideally as soon as possible.
If you consider yourself the right candidate, please submit your resumé and a letter of interest (PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the subject line of your e-mail, please include your full name and phrase “Environmental specialist”.
Deadline is May 20, 2023
The Association of Arctic Expedition Cruise Operators (AECO) is an international association for Arctic expedition cruise operators and associated industries. AECO’s main objectives are to ensure environmentally friendly, safe, and considerate tourism in the Arctic, and to advocate for the interests of our members. Our international members operate more than 60 vessels in the Arctic. AECO’s secretariat has 10 employees, and our head office is in Tromsø, Norway.